Sunday, May 31, 2009

motivation

I have been feeling motivated lately. I really, truly feel - make that I KNOW, that I am going to lose weight and be successful this time - forever. How do I know this?

Because I have tossed aside all of those doubts that the process really works. Exercise. Eat healthy. Cardio. Weights. Flexibility. Good nutrition. It WORKS. Maybe the reason I haven't been successful is that I haven't ever really believed that it works. But....I know it will.

I'm not trying to lose weight so I don't look fat or ugly. I'm trying to get into shape - really look good and be healthy and I'm not hating who I am. I am accepting who I am right now - at 256.5 pounds.

I'm not trying to get back at ex-boyfriends or kids who made fun of me when I was young. I don't think that if I get to a certain weight I'll suddenly be happy. I am motivated because I have something to work towards. I have a clear goal in mind, and I am not going to stop when I get there. I can always better myself...always be healthier.

Having a motivated, positive attitude can make something that seemed unattainable become reality.

No comments: